Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Into the fray

I've decided to bite the bullet and start a blog that isn't related to my Social Green work or to my kids.

Ta Da! Here it is.

I'm calling it border crossings because that is the working title of the novel I am in the midst of revising. The novel is about the transgressing of multiple types of borders: the borders of the body, of nations, of cultural expectations. I like the idea of crossing borders because it feels like a familiar challenge: drawing outside of the lines, crossing from one box into another, hanging out in the in-between. Most recently I'm crossing from one identity--professor, academic, employed--into an as-yet not fully formed identity that includes, among other things, trying to get this damn novel revised and finished. I hope this blog helps me along. It's bound to be more helpful a distraction than wordtwist.

No comments:

Post a Comment